Google Voice is Here to Stay
Google Voice is a free internet-based phone service that permits users to connect all of their mobile services and forward calls to multiple devices simultaneously.
If you own an at-home landline, and a business telephone and your personal smartphone, instead of having to switch between three different phones or devices, you could offer a single Google Voice number and when someone calls, you’ll get informed at all three phone numbers.
It is also possible to use Google Voice on a computer to make and take calls. Before you can make use of one of Google Voice’s features, you’ll have to have an account on Google Account first. Additionally, you’ll require an existing U.S.-based landline or mobile number.
If you’re someone who has too many phone and numbers to handle, Google Voice is a excellent resource to connect various communications channels. It’s also a great option for frequent travellers who have to change carriers. If you’re constantly switching number of phones and having to pay an enormous amount in international calling costs, or those looking to record calls received at no cost, it’s an ideal alternative.
Here’s a step-by step guide to getting started with Google Voice.
How to Utilize Google Voice
Do I have the ability to make use of Google Voice on an iPhone?
As mentioned, Google Voice works just perfectly on Android and on the Web However, you might be wondering whether it’ll function on an iPhone. The good news is that Google provides a no-cost application on the App Store that lets you use Google Voice on the iPhone (or iPad or iPod Touch). Through the app you can listen to voicemails, make calls and send texts, the same way you would in the Android application or in the browser.
What do I need to know in order to configure Google Voice?
If you’re looking to get started with Google Voice for the first time, you’ll be pleased to learn that the process is quite easy. Here’s the details:
1. Visit voice.google.com, click the Google Voice button, then the Google Voice button and then sign into the account you have created with your Google account.
2. Sign up for the service via either your iPhone and Android device, however for this tutorial, we’ll choose sign-up via the Web sign-up.
3. After you have accepted the terms and conditions and click Continue, you will be taken to the page on which you can locate or select a phone number.
4. From the options select Select once you’ve found your winning number and continue to verify your current number.
5. In this pane it is necessary to confirm that you are registered with Google that you already have a number. Note that the phone number you input here will be the primary line that you’ll use for calling forwarding via Google Voice to the number.
6. When you press the Verify button and enter your number Google sends you an email with a code that you must enter to Google Voice. Find that code and enter it here. Click Verify.
7. After your phone number is confirmed, Google requires you to click Claim to gain control of the number. Once you’ve done that, you’re completely done.